Buyer’s agents in Perth have traditionally helped more investors than homebuyers. However, with the number of listings low and competition amongst buyers high as a result, more homebuyers are reaping the benefits of enlisting the services of a buyer’s agent to help them make the right purchasing decision and negotiate on their behalf to secure a property at the best possible price without being so easily swayed by their emotions.
Here are a few additional benefits of engaging the services of a buyer’s agent.
1. Help you stick to your goals and budget
A common mistake made by many buyers is to waste time attending one home open after another based on a quick look at the Internet photos only to find, on inspection, that the property doesn’t actually tick all the necessary boxes. A buyer’s agent will take the time to go through all your needs and wants in detail and use that to create a shortlist of properties to inspect that tick all the right boxes, saving you an enormous amount of time and stress.
2. They have access to properties before they hit the public domain
A good buyer’s agent will have a strong network of selling agent contacts giving them access to both on and off-market properties meaning you get a heads up before other buyers giving you a significant advantage.
3. They know the market
Let’s face it, being a home buyer does not make you a property expert, even if you’ve bought and sold before. A professional buyer’s agent, on the other hand, deals in residential real estate transactions for a living. They will use their sound knowledge of the property market to suggest good areas to buy in that also meet your budget and lifestyle needs.
4. They are experts at bidding at auction
If you are looking to buy a property listed for auction, a buyer’s agent will help you navigate the auction and bidding process, which can be quite daunting if you’ve never bought or sold at auction before. They will ensure you don’t get caught up in the excitement and emotion of the process and pay too much as a result.
5. Help make the transition smooth and stress-free
Buying and selling property can be stressful and very time consuming. Your buyer’s agent will guide you through the entire process, from finding the perfect home and organising the necessary inspections, to negotiating or bidding on the price and ensuring you are happily settled in to your new home.
What’s the cost?
A professional buyer’s agent enters into an agreement with you and you pay them a fee for that service, typically around 1 – 1.5% of the selling price. However, you could save much more than you pay through their professional negotiation skills and the fact that they help you buy with your head as well as your heart.
At Shelmark, we offer our services as buyer’s agents too.
Here’s how it works:
When acting as a buyer’s agent, our primary legal obligation is for the buyer. This allows us to negotiate on your behalf as a buyer to secure the very best outcome for you.
As a buyer’s agent, we also provide you with lots of information and advice, including sales evidence, suburb and market analyses, negotiation strategies, advice on the rules and regulations as well as the process of buying property.
We have recently worked with 3 buyers as their buyer’s agent.
- A long-standing client from our past whose daughter was buying a house. We had a previous relationship with the father. They trusted our opinion and advice and they were happy to pay us a fee to give their daughter un-biased advice to secure the right property.
- A past business associate of Mark’s who is living in Singapore, planning to move back to Perth in April next year. As he can’t fly over here to view properties, he trusted Mark to inspect properties on his behalf and make offers based on Mark’s advice and recommendations
- A young couple who have moved here from China and are establishing their business here. A Settlement Agent they know highly recommended they hire us as buyer’s agents to educate them about property buying in Australia. We helped them with everything from the process of making offers to information about different suburbs, how properties are built here, different methods of sale and how they work and details about the location, including schools etc.
Contact us if this is of interest to you or to learn more.