First homebuyers in other capital cities would be surprised to learn that Perth buyers keen to get off the renting treadmill can still buy a house in our metropolitan area for under $400,000. This is despite increasing house prices in Perth.
So, are there many homes available in the under $400k price bracket? And where can they be found?
To answer the first question, in 2021, 24.4% of all house sales in Perth were sold for under $400k. In fact, in some suburbs, more than 95% of houses sold for under this price.
Where are they?
Here are the 10 suburbs that recorded the most sales for under $400k in 2021.
1. Gosnells with a median house price sale of $330k. In 2021, 355 out of 452 houses (79%) sold for under $400k last year. With its abundant parks, reserves, wetlands, recreational facilities and schooling options, Gosnells is a great suburb to put on your list.
Search houses under $400k for sale in Gosnells.
2. Baldivis, where 36% of all house sales last year were under $400k. Located 42 km south of Perth and with a median house price of $427, 250, Baldivis is a popular choice of first homebuyers and offers many lifestyle factors desired by young couples and families.
Search houses for sale under $400k in Baldivis.
3. Armadale, where 95% of all house sales in 2021 sold for less than $400k. It’s median house sale price is just $279,000.
Search houses for sale below $400k in Armadale.
4. Balga, with a median house sale price of $345,000. Balga is only 11km from the CBD, making it the closest of all suburbs on the list to the city centre.
Search houses for sale below $400k in Balga.
5. Warnbro. With 70% of all house sales in 2021 under $400k, Warnbro proves you can enjoy a coastal lifestyle on a budget.
Search houses for sale under $400k in Warnbro.
Click here to see the other 5 suburbs on the list, including one suburb that promises a first-class sea change without being too far from the city.